Translate

Monday 16 February 2015

Watercolour and limited palettes.


I have been mostly painting in watercolour recently, experimenting with a limited palette and getting used to using more opaque colours, like cad red light and cad yellow pale. My palette always had transparent colours and it's quite a change to introduce new colours. I swapped permanent magenta for permanent rose and cad pale yellow for winsor yellow and cad red light for scarlet lake.
Here is an example of my limited palette, cad red light, raw sienna, a touch of cad yellow pale and cobalt blue. www.mahonart.blogspot.ie

SOLD




Check out my stuff on fine art America, http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-joseph-mahon.html?tab=artwork. I put some paintings up there last year, to sell as posters or greeting cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment