Translate

Friday 9 December 2016

Geese

I added some new colours to my watercolour box recently, Ivory black and titanium white, Daniel Smith brand. Up to now I have always been a traditionalist when it comes to watercolour, in that, I never used white or black. I relied on the white of the paper as white and black was mixed from ultramarine and burnt sienna.  So I decided to give Ivory black a try and the painting of Geese was just the work to try it out, not that I gave abandoned my traditional approach, but it's good to experiment. The geese is a study of tones, keeping it simple and exploiting the contrast of light against dark with a few aspects of colour, just so the work is not completely monochrome.
www.mahonart.blogspot.ie

10x8 ins (cropped ) on 200 lbs Bockingford paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment