Translate

Monday 9 June 2014



Hello, my name Joe Mahon and I thought I would start this art blog, to show my paintings and my art struggles. I live in the south east of Ireland, the "sunny south east", as it's often called, jokingly of course.  I paint in watercolour and oil paint. With oil, I tend to paint in small format, 6x8 ins or 8x6 ins. With watercolour, I prefer to paint in 10x15 ins and 7x10 ins sizes. As I progress, I will say more on the formats etc.v

Today, being my first post, I thought I would post a recent watercolour painting. The aim being to post a painting that I have just completed. It is based on a visit to Tramore, last year, a popular  resort in the south east of Ireland. It has a fine beach and I loved the view looking back toward the town. The sun was just going down. The figures I added, to give perspective and harmony. The paper is Fabriano artistico paper., approximately .7x10 ins. 


You can view more of my paintings on www.dailypaintworks.com. Just type in my name, Joseph Mahon.www.dailypaintworks.com. My own website is www.oakartstudio.com. 

Regards Joe
















No comments:

Post a Comment