Translate

Monday 27 July 2015

A flock

A flock of sheep on a road. My  first decision whether to go with watercolour or oil ? In this case it was watercolour. The reason, I wanted to try out the design in simple terms, just suggesting the sheep and keeping the composition fluid. If I was to try to depict this scene in oil paint I would have a good idea as to where I can improve and what colours to use. That is one of the many values of watercolour, it's  spontaneity and  a quick sketch can give as much information as will be needed to see, if a composition works and also as a valuable reference or stand alone work on its own.

A flock, watercolour on Fabriano artistico rag paper 7x10.5 ins





josephmahon.faso.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joseph-Mahon-Art/656996051062375


No comments:

Post a Comment