Translate

Monday 1 September 2014

I started off with the idea to paint 4 old ladies walking on the beach. The idea being, to keep it loose and as fluid as possible. Who am I kidding.




                                                    Third stage...



                                                    At this stage, I am not happy at all, as the
                                                    painting has become dull and muted. So
                                                    drastic action was needed.






I removed one figure and reached for the palette knife in desperation, to create texture and colour. Boy do I make things complicated. What I start out with, I do not always end up with. That is art I guess. I struggle with oil paint, it's a real challenge for me. Three ladies walking on a beach, oil on board 6x8 ins.

                         
                                                 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment